One of the benefits of membership through a technical license with Cycling BC for coaches and instructors is liability insurance coverage for coaching activities.
In order to take advantage of this coverage, the following conditions must be met:
- Maintain an annual Cycling BCtechnical license with the relevant coach or instructor training credentials, one of
- in-Training for the cycling discipline in question
- Trained for the cycling discipline in question
- Certified for the cycling discipline in question
- Ensure that all participants being coached or instructed are covered by the Cycling BCinsurance policy, through one of the following means:
- The participant(s) hold a valid racing license (UCI or citizen license) for the current year; or,
- The participant(s) are taking part in a club activity lead by the coach or instructor and are members of the club hosting the registered event; or,
- The participant(s) are taking part in an activity for which Cycling BC’s commercial event insurance policy has been purchased, which extends liability insurance to all participants, even non-members
Should you have questions concerning whether or not a coaching or training activity is covered by the insurance policy, please contact Cycling BC at least three weeks in advance of the planned activity so that insurance coverage can be arranged, if the activity is not covered by default (see the list above).