*Go here to complete registration & sign CBC waiver, use Zone 4 drop-down menu and select iRide Camp*
iRide Cyclocross Summer Camp –(14 spots)
Do you like flying down hills? What about drifting your bike through the mud and ripping it up like a pro? Well then try Cycling BC’s iRide Cyclocross camp this summer and learn everything you need to know to try a race!
Each day start with 3hrs of cyclcocross skills practice and then transitions to technical lessons in the afternoon. This camp is led by 2012 Canadian Criterium Champion and iRide Head Coach, Ben Chaddock, with celebrity coach visits from some of Canada’s top Professional Cyclocross racers like Liv Giant’s Sandra Walter. Hybrid iRide rental bikes are available but cyclocross bikes are recommended.
If you need help finding a cyclocross bike, please contact us. Afternoons sessions include trips to the Ridge Meadows BMX park, the Burnaby Velodrome and the bike maintenance & race craft lessons with professional instructors. Bicycle storage is provided by Cycling BC. Cycling BC’s iRide Cyclocross camp is operating in partnership with the City of Port Coquitlam to help introduce local youth to the benefits of cycling.
Open to ages 10-13, iRide Level 4-5, co-ed
|Dates:||August 14 – August 18, 2017|
|Time:||8:30am – 4:00pm|
|Drop-off Location:||Lions Park – 2300 Lions Way, Port Coquitlam, BC|
|Participants Ability:||Level 4 & 5|
|iRide Coaches:||Ben Chaddock|
For questions about the event, please contact Ben Chaddock via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For registration inquiries, please contact Chris Eastman via email: email@example.com
What Do Riders Need to Bring?
- Water, Snack, Lunch
- Gloves, All-Weather Clothing, Sunscreen
- CSA-Approved Bike helmet (free rentals are available – please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Urban Hybrid or Cyclocross Bicycle (free rentals are available – please email email@example.com)
- AM: Cyclocross Skills: Straight-line Riding + Obstacles
- PM: Bike Maintenance: Coached by Velofix, powered by Vancouver Cyclocross Coalition
- AM: Cyclocross Skills: Turns, Off-camber hills, Dismounts
- PM: Burnaby Velodrome: Introductory Skills
AM: Cyclocross Skills: Gearing, Run Technique w/ bike
PM: Race Craft: Video Review and Games
- GROUP PHOTO @ 4PM (ALL LOCAL CX ENTHUSIASTS WELCOME)
AM: Cyclocross Skills: Guest Coach- Professional Racer – Sandra Walter (10.30-11.30am)
PM: Burnaby Velodrome: Intermediate Skills
- AM: Cyclocross Skills: Guest Coach- Professional Racer – Sandra Walter (10.30-11.30am)
- PM: Ridge Meadows BMX