Ride Leader Training
*Private Event For Method Cycling Club*
This combination theory/practical workshop is designed to help you lead weekly rides at your adult club.
The module includes a 2.5-hour online call via Telus Business Connect (ZOOM) and concludes with a 2.5-hour outdoor skills session and practice ride. Please ensure that your computer’s video and microphone are working well.
Cycling BC would like to recognize content contributions and support from both Glotman Simpson cycling club and WOW Ride women’s cycling club in creating this unique module.
- Club Culture & Why Statements
- Ride Leader Responsibilities (Route Plan, Pre-Ride Briefing)
- Emergencies (Stoplight Method + What IFs)
- Safety and Hazards (Road & Trail)
- Communication (Signals, Etiquette, Formations)
- Outdoor Practice Ride (Everyone gets chance to lead)
Once registered, you’ll receive a copy of Cycling BC’s Ride Leader Training JOURNAL and TEXTBOOK. Please complete the homework (Questions 1-10…or do them all!)
- April 20 @ 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm. ZOOM call with breakout rooms to complete Journal Questions 1-27
- April 25 @ 11:00 am – 3:00 pm. OUTDOOR bike ride on public roads in the Vancouver/UBC area (2-hour ride)
To help participants best prepare for the season ahead, we require everyone to submit the following by email no later than 7 days after participating in the module:
- JOURNAL (Written answers/reflections in all 27 questions)
- EAP (Create an Emergency Action Plan. Download template @ cyclingbc.net/eap)
- Quiz (via Monkey Survey, or using the final page of the Journal)
As a result, participants will achieve certified status and receive a certificate of completion.
- Please note, registration closes at midnight on April 18th.
- If the weather is inclement, please consider the use of fenders/mudguards.
- Learn more about the NCCP here.