This 5-hour module is facilitated online by viaSport over two morning classes. This module of part of the Comp-Dev coach development streams and is designed for anyone who is working with the provincial cycling team or a similar performance program.
After completing this module, coaches will be able to:
- Identify common sources of conflict in sport.
- Determine which individuals or groups are most likely to find themselves in situations involving conflict.
- Learn important skills that will help coaches prevent and solve conflict resulting from misinformation, miscommunication, or misunderstanding.
- Develop skills that will empower you to listen and speak effectively in conflict situations while maintaining positive relationships with athletes, parents, officials, and other coaches.
Please note: This is a live, facilitator-led, interactive, group-based course offered online through Adobe Connect. To participate in an Online Delivery course, you must have a working microphone and speakers as well as reliable access to the internet (Dial-up or High Speed).
Learn more about this module here, including home-study options here. Learn more about becoming an NCCP-Certified cycling coach here.
- October 24th @ 9:30pm – 12:00pm
- October 25th @ 9:30pm – 12:00pm