Get Your School Ready for iRide
As your school’s iRide Champion, please help us create a memorable iRide event by assisting with the following:
- Ensure adequate field space is booked and no field maintenance is scheduled.
- Ideal spaces include a grass field, an all-weather field or a closed paved surface.
- Once Confirmed
- Distribute the Take-Home Letter (see below) to parents 4 weeks before Day 1.
- Ensure students complete the online registration at least 7 days before Day 1.
- Run an online registration report to double-check all participants are registered.
- Create bell / class schedule (use template) and email to local coordinator.
- During iRide
- Ensure teachers bring class roster (registered & media consent) to the coaches on Day 1.
- Ensure each participating class has a teacher present for supervision, behavior management, and first-aid needs.
- Ensure the iRide invoice is paid in full prior to Day 1 (sent 4 weeks before Day 1).
- After iRide
- Facilitate the creation of thank-you cards by the students and mail to Cycling BC
- iRide Champion 1-page Starter Kit: View
- Online Registration Parent Take-home Letter:
- Registration Report – Download Instructions: View and Sample: View
- Event Time-Table: Download & email
- Thank You Cards: How to make a great card
- Paper Version (Acknowledgment of Risk Form):
- Available only for specific regions of the province. Schools requesting the paper version of the registration system are required to transcribe all data into an excel sheet and send to iRide@cycling.net by the 3rd day of our iRide visit. To request this option, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post-Event Survey: Tell us how we did
- iRide Schools:
- iRide Development Grants:
- iRide Program Offerings (October 14, 2018)
- View PDF cache to assist when sharing this opportunity with your school colleagues or PAC members.