New for 2012 Cycling BC will be introducing two levels of Team competition at BC Cup provincial events: Factory and Trophy teams. We are looking to ramp up the team competition and get everyone involved in the fun.
Factory teams will be made up from athletes on a team roster and will be competing for money and year-end provincial team title. Trophy teams are made up on the day with 5 athletes making a team. They will compete for a trophy of the day.
Factory teams do not need to have sponsorship or support, they can be made up of any 5 to 10 athletes. We have also added the opportunity for factory teams to pick up a Novice or Intermediate athlete for an event. This athlete can be on the team for one or several events.
Create or join a team and get in on the excitement!
Rules that apply to Factory teams:
- Each Factory team must submit a team roster, when entering their team for the first time. Teams can be up to 10 athletes, with a min of 1 Novice/Intermediates and 1 female. Additions to roster must be made prior to registration ending on the day.
- Novice/Intermediate athletes do not have to be on the team’s roster, they can be selected on the day from anyone registered.
- Any athletes registered with a team can’t race for a different team for a period of 4 weeks from last competition. Athletes can only change teams once in a season.
- Each team can enter up to 2 team sheets, per event.
- Each team sheet must have 2 of 3: 1 female or 1 cruiser or 1 Novice/Intermediate (do not have to be on roster)
- Team must compete in 4 of 8 events, plus the finals to qualify for year-end awards. When entering 2 teams at one event, only the best will count for year-end points.
- Entry fee $10
- Expert points will be awards to teams for year-end
- Awards: $150/event, *3 teams required for payout
- Payout: Top 3 – 1st – 50% ($75), 2nd – 30% ($45), 3rd – 20% ($30)
Rules that apply to Trophy teams
- Get 5 friends together to race for a team trophy
- Athletes can’t be on a Factory team
- Athletes on a team sheet can change from event to event
- No year end prizing
- Entry fee $2
- Award: trophies for top 3
Rules that apply to all teams:
- Scoring: Athletes receive points as they finish in motos and final finish, the lowest 4 of 5 athletes count to the team score. The lowest team score wins.
- If an athlete is racing in 2 classes they can be entered on a team sheet twice
- If an athlete races in a class combined of a higher proficiency will be scored with team points from the table of the higher proficiency.
- Team sheet entries must be turned in between the rider’s list being posted and before motos are posted
- Team sheets must be turned in no later then 15 minutes following the event.
- Winners of Saturday’s competition will participate in Sunday’s flag lap.