On October 5, 2017, over 265 of Cycling BC’s supporters gathered at the Vancouver Convention Centre to celebrate, support, and champion the future of cycling in BC and Canada.
The 5th annual Evening of Champions Fundraising Gala and Silent Auction was a huge success in raising money towards the growth of Cycling BC’s schools program (iRide), youth and junior development programs, and supporting athletes who represent Canada as part of the Junior National Team.
Some highlights from the past year of Cycling BC programs include,
- 35+ training camps delivered across all cycling disciplines (Road, Track, XC, DH, BMX, and Para)
- 18+ race projects nationally & internationally
- 10,ooo kids participating in schools program (iRide)
- 500+ iRide coach training sessions
- $10k awarded to athletes for the CBC Athlete Assistance program to help with training costs, equipment, travel, & more.
The success of Cycling BC’s programs and annual gala is attributed in large part to the ongoing support of Cycling BC’s supporters including corporate partners, private donors, athletes, teams, clubs, coaches, officials, community leaders, and the family of people who do great things for this sport.
Cycling BC would like to thank all our event partners and supporters for shaping a positive future for cycling in BC.