Do you like riding bikes? Do you like kids? Do you like playing games? Does riding bikes with kids and playing games sound like fun?
Cycling BC’s iRide program is a dynamic in-school and community program designed to inspire young riders and connect school and youth cycling groups throughout the province.
- 3-days of biking in gym class! Bikes/helmets/stunts provided! Game-based teaching with stoked instructors!
- Starts late April (after University Exams), finishes end of June with summer/fall employment opportunities
- Runs Tuesday to Thursday each week. Full 8.5hr days with approx. 6.5 of instruction + 2hr of setup/prep
We are currently seeking an energetic and professional iRide Assistant Instructor for youth programs in four different regions of the province. Previous cycling experience is not required. We are looking for someone who is:
- Super fun and likes to smile!
- Athletic and passionate about cycling
- Wants to learn new teaching skills
- Wants to gain experience delivering athletic programs
- Speaks English fluently
If this sounds like you, here are the 5 steps to get involved:
- First, review our published job openings and submit a resume / cover letter to iRide@cyclingbc.net
- Receive a call back from the iRide Regional Manager in your area
- Receive an invitation to our scheduled training courses
- As part of iRide Practicum, receive our training manual, read it and pass a multiple-choice test
- Provide a current Criminal Record Check
Successful applicants will earn a job with iRide this spring with opportunities for summer employment.
- Assistant Instructor pay: $15/hr for up to 8.5hrs/day ($127.50)
- On-site mentorship and on-going training opportunities
- A fun job outside with kids who love cycling!
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful applicants will be contacted for in-person meetings and shadowing opportunities.