Whether you are an old trackie or just track curious the Burnaby Velodrome has something for you this fall. COVID-19 has allowed us an opportunity to rethink track cycling and here is what the ‘Back on Track’ programs will look like this fall.
- Try the Track, Learn to Ride and Learn to Race programs. This year will be a September to remember with more sessions for new riders than ever before. Move from newbie to an appropriate category based on fitness and skill before October training sessions. Fully coached sessions so there is always someone there to help you learn more.
- BIPOC Youth Program: In recognition of our changing environment this program is open to Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour under the age of 19. This is a safe place to learn a new skill and challenge yourself, while being yourself.
- Women’s Try the Track/Learn to Ride: Sunday morning at 10AM for 6 weeks. Bring a friend, get coached and, enjoy the track. Come to one or plan on coming to them all. You will be coach supported in a positive environment.
- Group Training sessions (pending final approval): Using the cohort model and caping participation for each block
riders can expect to get the best local training ever to up their game. This fall, our coaches include,
- Group Racing (pending final approval): Again using the cohort model and categories riders will be separated and race with their category within their cohort every other week.
- Timed events and Power Athlete events: For 6 weeks this fall starting in October if group rides are not your jam, but the individual race against or power sprinting put a smile on your face. Then you will not want to miss the change to show off the fruit of your hard summer of riding.
- Youth Riding and Junior training (pending final approval): each week we have two 90-minute blocks set aside for youth and junior riders respectively.
All programs will be implemented fully respecting the safety requirements set out by the Provincial Health Officer, viaSport and CyclingB
Did you know: For the last 23 year the Burnaby Velodrome has supported cyclists from grassroots recreational riders to world champions and this year we will be at it again. The Burnaby Velodrome is the longest operating indoor velodrome in North America, and it is right here in your back yard.
Check it out www.burnabyvelodrome.ca
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org