September 17-25, 2022 is National Coaches Week—a week that celebrates the positive impact coaches have on athletes, participants, and communities across Canada. This week is an opportunity to recognize coaches for the integral role they play by saying #ThanksCoach.
With virtual activities held across the country to celebrate coaching, National Coaches Week provides coaches with the recognition they deserve for the time they devote to ensuring Canadians live an active, healthy lifestyle.
Whether you’re from a sport organization, team, club, or if you’re a coach, parent, or athlete, we want your help saying #ThanksCoach to coaches across the country.
We invite you to join us by taking part in National Coaches Week in any of the following ways,
Enjoy FREE NCCP education during National Coaches Week
Coaches can diversify their coaching knowledge with FREE or discounted NCCP education from September 17-25, 2022:
Other free eLearning modules available:
Enter to win a pair of $100 Petro-Canada Gift Cards for you and your coach!
Join us to say #ThanksCoach for a chance to win one of twenty pairs of $100 Petro-Canada gift cards for you and your coach! It’s easy to participate – just follow these three steps!
- Share an Instagram post between September 17 at 12:01am ET and September 25 at 11:59pm ET
- Include #ThanksCoach or #MerciCoach in your post
- Include #PetroCanada in your post
Don’t have Instagram? Eligible Entrants may also submit an entry for the contest by mail or by email. Visit the contest page for entry details and rules and regulations. (No purchase necessary. Open to residents of Canada who are the age of majority or older in their province/territory of residence. Official rules are available at http://coach.ca/NCWPetro-Canada.)
Say #ThanksCoach on social media:
We also encourage you to post your own messages of support during National Coaches Week using the hashtags #CyclingBC #ThanksCoach and #CoahesWeek to anyone that contributed to any coaches that have made a positive impact on your life. Use some of the prompts below to inspire your social media posts and join the conversation!
1. What does your coach do that makes them a great coach?
2. Write a memory/story about your coach.
3. What lesson(s) has your coach instilled in you?
4. Pick three words that describe your coach. Explain why you chose each word.
5. What is something that reminds you of your coach?
6. Other than the sport they coach you in, what sport would you like to watch your coach try?
7. If you had to pick a karaoke song to describe your coach what would it be? Why?
8. What is an important skill your coach has that makes them a good coach?
9. Why do you want to say “thanks, coach”?
Try and use a photo of you and your coach or you in action, if possible.
Happy National Coaches Week! #ThanksCoach
Interested in becoming a coach? Visit our National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) page for more information.