Cycling BC is pleased to release the Targeted Athlete and Coach selection criteria for the 2023 High Performance Program.
The criteria, developed by Cycling BC in collaboration with the Canadian Sport Institue Pacific, provide athletes and coaches with a standardized set of metrics common across all sports as well as Cycling BC-specific criteria.
To be eligible, athletes must:
- Be a member in good standing with Cycling BC
- Have a designated coach
- Participate or be available for Cycling BC programming
- Para athletes must be classified to compete
- Complete CCES Anti-Doping Training
- Complete Safe Sport Training
Athlete selection will be based on, but not limited to, performance-based benchmarks, testing data, training plans, technical competence, and mental performance skills. Athletes and coaches selected for Cycling BC’s High Performance Program will receive enhanced services, support, benefits and opportunities from Cycling BC / Canadian Sport Institute Pacific / Pacific Sport including,
- Subsidized training camps
- Subsidized high-calibre competition projects
- Grants & Bursaries
- Access to discounted products/services
- Educational opportunities, and more.
Applications are open now until January 29, 2023, and athletes are selected based on performances from the previous 12 months.
Any questions regarding the targeted athlete criteria and selections can be directed to Cycling BC’s Athlete Development Manager.