A cycle tour through the south Peace Region, showcasing the strong renewable energy industry in the area and the amazing scenery of the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark. The event will take riders from Chetwynd to Tumbler Ridge and beyond to Stoney Lake, entering the Tumbler Ridge Geopark and riding by the Zonnebeke, Moose Lake and Meikle Energy wind energy projects, passing through Gwillim Lake Provincial Park along a quiet scenic highway. Views of snow capped peaks and pristine forest allow a meditative riding experience, with almost no vehicular traffic and great support along the way.
July 19, 2019
- 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm: Kick-off Party, Registration & Dinner
Participants meals are included in registration fee. Extra meal tickets are available
July 20, 2019
- 6:00 am – late registration ( conference room at Trend Mountain Hotel)
- 7:00 am – Medio Fondo (100 km) and Gran Fondo (150 km) distance shuttles leave from the Trend Mountain Hotel and Conference Centre
- 8:10 am – Shuttle arrives at Chetwynd Visitor Centre
- 9:00 am – Gran Fondo (152 km) Start in Chetwynd
- 10:00 am – Medio Fondo (100 km) Start in Chetwynd
- 10:30 am – Pico Fondo (50 km) distance shuttles leave for Gwillim Lake from the Trend Mountain Hotel and Conference Centre
- 11:00 am – Pico shuttle arrives at Gwillim Lake (50 km Start Line)
- 11:30 am – Pico Fondo (50 km) start at Gwillim Lake
- 2:00-5:00 pm – Pico and Medio racers relax at the Tumbler Ridge finish line after party. Gran racers are shuttled to the finish line after party. Prizes drawn when all cyclists are off the course.
- After party is included in registration fee.
You’ll travel on quiet roads through Western North America’s first UNESCO Global Geopark, while promoting the awareness of the amazing renewable energy industry growing in the Peace region.
Cyclists of all levels are welcome to join. This event offers a rewarding challenge for cyclists of all levels. Riders will have the opportunity to ride one of our three distances at their own pace while enjoying first-class support. We will arrange for a shuttle to get you back to your starting point with your bike on all routes.
This event is a bicycle tour in the truest sense. You will have an opportunity to meet people from the communities you are traveling through, and to engage with businesses and locals where you stay, at the catered lunch stops, and in the evening at the banquet.
- Breathtaking Views of the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark
- Geopark Swag Bag
- Shuttles for your gear to starting point in Chetwynd, BC.
- Shuttles from all route finishing points.
- Aid stations approx every 25 kms (water, gatorade, fruit and granola bars, with protein options for carnivores and vegans).
- Buffet dinner on Friday with speakers from the wind industry and the Geopark.
- Tour Date is July 20. Shuttle will pick up all riders from the Trend Mountain Hotel and Conference Centre. Shuttle times and information will be posted on July 13th.
- Entry is limited to those who are 18 or older as of midnight on July 20, 2019.
- All entrants must have Cycle BC insurance (annual or day of). Insurance can be purchased as part of event registration.
- You have the option to ride 50 km, 100 km or 152 km.
- $190.00 registration, no GST is charged on entries.
- On Friday night banquet dinner is included in the price. There will be an option to buy additional dinner spots (unlimited) for Friday for guest/spouses etc. Saturday there will be an after party at the finish line.
- Early bird registration by June 15th for $170.
- Parking is available at Trend Mountain Hotel – please let us know in advance if you’re not staying at the Trend Mountain Hotel and Conference Centre. Rates for the event are:
- Double Queen Room: $ 114.75/night + taxes
- Queen Kitchenette – $119/night + taxes
- King Suite: $ 123.25/night + taxes
- Jacuzzi Suite: $131.75/night + taxes
Gear we advise you bring:
- Regular biking gear of course (Helmets required!)
- Comfy clothes and shoes for after the ride
- Rain gear for inclement weather
- A spare tire tube (we won’t necessarily have your size)
- Ibuprofen and other medications