2017 Extraordinary General Meeting
Purpose of the Meeting
In September, the Cycling BC Board of Directors struck a sub-committee to review our bylaws to ensure that they are in compliance with the new BC Societies Act.
We have now concluded the review and are calling an Extraordinary General Meeting to approve the changes which not only address those needed to comply with the new Act, but will strengthen Cycling BC’s governance. Of significance is that the new bylaws include a change to the term of board members to two years and staggering the election of the board members (4 in even years, 5 in odd years). We are confident that these changes will allow for better continuity between boards and will strengthen the overall governance of the organization.
President, Cycling BC
Thursday, March 30, 2017, at 7:00 pm
MEC Broadway meeting room, 130 West Broadway, 2nd floor
Our goal is to maximize the opportunity for all members from across the province to have a voice by submitting their vote. As such, members are able to vote in one of three ways:
- by attending the meeting in person
- by proxy
- electronically in advance of the meeting
How it works
Deadline to submit
Vote in person
|Attend the extraordinary general meeting of the members on March 30, 2017, at 7 pm, to vote in person.||March 30, 2017, 7 pm|
Vote by proxy
|If you are unable to attend the AGM in person, and would like another member who is attending to vote on your behalf, you can submit a notice of proxy. To do so, download and complete this form, and submit to email@example.com||Notice of Proxy: March 23, 2017, 8 pm|
Electronic vote submission
|If you cannot attend the meeting in person, you may submit your vote electronically. To do so, download and complete this form, and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org||March 23, 2017, 8 pm|
In accordance with Cycling BC’s bylaws, members will each have one vote. Each member attending the meeting in person may hold a maximum of ten (10) proxy votes.To be eligible to vote, you must be a member of Cycling BC as of February 28, 2017. The bylaws state that 21 members present or by proxy will constitute a quorum. Majority rules.
2016 Extraordinary General Meeting
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2017, 7 pm
MEC Head Office, located at 1077 Great Northern Way, Vancouver, BC.
Background: Bylaw Requirements & 2016 AGM
The Cycling BC Bylaws state that membership fees must be approved annually at the Annual General Meeting (AGM), or at an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) of the members. As proposed at the 2016 Cycling BC AGM on June 15, 2016, Cycling BC held an EGM to approve membership fees for 2017.
A membership committee was struck by Cycling BC’s board of directors, to review a proposal for 2017 membership fees. This was reviewed and approved by the board of directors at the meeting of the board on September 12, 2016.
The board recommended the following membership fees, which were approved by the membership:
Proposed Membership Fees
|BC RIDE licence||$60|
|UCI RACE licence|
12 and under
13 – 16 years
17 – 22 years
23 and older
|UCI TECHNICAL licence||$85|
2016 Annual General Meeting
The Cycling BC Annual General Meeting took place Wednesday June 15, 7:00pm at MEC Head Office, located at 1077 Great Northern Way, Vancouver, BC.
Our goal is to maximize the opportunity for all members from across the province to join in and participate in the AGM. To this end, the meeting was teleconferenced, removing the requirement for members to be in Vancouver to participate. The meeting was live streamed through YouTube, with a live chat component. Members not able to attend in person were be able to bring comments to the floor through a chat function associated with the broadcast.
2014 Annual General Meeting
Communications regarding 2014 AGM:
AGM VENUE DETAILS
- 2015 AGM – 7 pm, Friday May 29th, 2015 at Sandman Signature Langley Hotel, 8828 201 Street, Langley, BC
- 2014 AGM – Sunday October 5th, 2014 at the Firefighter’s Hall, 6515 Bonsor Ave, Burnaby, BC
- 2013 AGM – Sunday November 17th, 2013 at Jaycee House, 1251 Lillooet Rd, North Vancouver, BC
- 2012 AGM – Sunday December 2nd, 2012 at the Abbotsford Air Cadet Building. 32470 Haida Drive, Abbotsford, BC
- 2011 AGM – Saturday October 29th, 2011 at the Park Inn Hotel, Vancouver, BC
- 2010 AGM – Saturday October 30th, 2010 at the Park Inn Hotel, Vancouver, BC
- 2015 AGM Mintues – Cycling BC AGM minutes May 29 2015
- 2014 AGM Minutes – Cycling BC AGM Minutes Oct 5 2014
- 2013 AGM Minutes – Cycling BC AGM Minutes Nov 17 2013
- 2012 AGM Minutes – Cycling BC AGM Minutes Dec 2 2012
- 2011 AGM Minutes – Cycling BC AGM Minutes Oct 29 2011
- 2010 AGM Minutes – Cycling BC AGM Minutes Oct 30 2010