Click here for more information on the insurance that is included with your annual membership.
Your Membership Info
View your membership information, including your membership number and a PDF of your card, at any time:
- Log in to ccnbikes.com
- Your name will appear on the top-level menu: click on this, and navigate to “My Memberships”
- Click on the membership you wish to view
- All members must reside in British Columbia for 6+ months of the calendar year in order to be eligible for a licence.
- All members must be covered under a federal or provincial hospital or medical plan.
- A passport-style photo of the licence holder (for UCI licences only). If you have registered for your licence, but have yet to upload your photo, click here to do so. Your licence will not be issued until a suitable photo has been uploaded.
- All members must sign a waiver. This is done through the online registration process. For riders under 19 years of age, a parent/guardian must sign the electronic waiver.
- All members must choose a primary discipline (BMX- Bicycle Moto Cross | CX- Cyclo-Cross | DH- Downhill | XC- Cross-Country | Road | Track) and select all other disciplines in which they plan to race.
- Important note for all UCI Athletes over 30 years old: All athletes aged 30 years or older must decide at the time of license application to compete in the either Elite or Master for the entire season. Changes between Master and Elite are only possible at the time of annual license renewal. Mid‐season changes between Elite and Master are not possible.
UCI Category Upgrades – If you wish to apply for a UCI category upgrade to take effect in 2019, please submit a category upgrade application on CCN concurrent with your 2019 membership purchase.
- Category upgrades for the 2019 season will be processed free of charge when submitted at the same time as a 2019 membership purchase until January 6, 2019.
- Note that a rider can only move 1 category per season. If you met the upgrade requirements in 2018 but do not apply for an upgrade prior to your 2019 license being issued, you may be restricting your ability to upgrade again in 2019.
- Please refer to our category upgrade policy.
WHICH TYPE OF LICENCE IS RIGHT FOR ME?
Please review the four Cycling BC licensing options and choose the correct licence that meets your needs.
Choose Provincial RIDE if you are interested in club rides and activities or racing at the novice level in BC only. Provincial Ride licence holders DO NOT have access to categorized racing in any discipline.
- Provincial Ride license holders can race Open, Novice or Category 5 races if offered by a race organizer.
- Provincial Ride license holders can participate in fondos or mass participation events sanctioned by Cycling BC.
- Provincial Ride license holders can NOT race in Provincial Championship events.
Choose Provincial RACE if you are interested in Categorized Racing in BC only including BC Cup and Provincial Championships.
- Provincial Race licence holders can race in downhill, XC and Road Provincial Cup events that are sanctioned by Cycling BC.
- Provincial Race licence holders can NOT race outside of BC.
- Provincial Race licence holders can NOT race in UCI or Nationally sanctioned categories at national or international events. This includes U17 Expert, Jr Expert and Elite categories at Canada Cup mountain bike races, Masters categories at the National Master Road Cycling Championships or UCI road events such as the Whitespot Delta Road Race and the Gastown Grandprix.
Choose a UCI license if you are interested in racing outside of BC or Canada, or in UCI or nationally sanctioned events in BC.
- UCI licenses are required for competing in National Championships and nationally sanctioned races including downhill and cross-country Canada Cup events.
- UCI licenses are required to compete in the 2019 Enduro National Championships.
- UCI licenses are required to compete in UCI road events (e.g. Gastown Grand Prix, Whitespot Delta Road Race).
UCI Technical License
Choose a UCI Technical license if you wish to work as a commissaire, coach, team manager, soigneur, organizer, mechanic, caravan driver, agent.
1 Event Licenses
1 event license are available at some events for a fee (adults $10, youth 16 and under $5, foreign participants $12). Some race organizers may choose to cover the cost, or part of the cost of 1 event licenses on behalf of their participants. 1 event license holders are only permitted to compete in novice, or the lowest ability category offered by the organizer.
You must have the appropriate credentials to register for a number of technical licence categories:
- Coaches must have completed training and/or certification as an NCCP cycling coach.
- Commissaires must have completed training and passed evaluation at the appropriate level.
- Drivers must have successfully completed Cycling Canada’s online Caravan Driver Training.
Licence Pricing (2019)
|Provincial RIDE licence||$60|
|Provincial RACE licence||Adult $90, Youth $60|
|12 and under||$55|
|13 – 16 years||$70|
|17 – 22 years||$135|
|23 and older||$160|
|UCI TECHNICAL licence**||$85|
To order a reprint of your card, click here.
In addition to the insurance that comes with an annual Cycling BC membership, members also receive preferential rates and discounts on a variety of products/services. Please visit the member benefits page for more information.
* Family Discounts: A family discount of 10% is also available to families purchasing licences for a minimum of one adult and two children (under 19) living in the same household.
** General sport and liability insurance benefits apply to technical licence holders only insofar as they are participating in a sanctioned event or club activity in the technical capacity for which they are licensed – not as a rider.
** Anyone purchasing a technical licence in addition to a BC or UCI licence will only pay one licence fee, whichever is greater.
Do you need to verify the membership or licence status of a racer or club rider? Use the Cycling BC Member Lookup Tool.
Note: UCI licence ability categories are NOT CONFIRMED unless the licence status is listed as ‘Issued’.
Support Your Community With A Cycling BC Membership
Your Cycling BC membership does a lot more than just provide insurance during club events and races. Proceeds from Cycling BC memberships support cycling specific physical literacy efforts in elementary schools across B.C. and the development of the sport as a whole. Your membership helps Cycling BC provide iRide Schools and Communities Programs across the province; community coach development and grassroots programming; and guidance and development for race officials.
Find out about international UCI, national Canada Cycling rules and provincial Cycling BC rules here.