Cycling BC is the provincial governing body for the sport of cycling in British Columbia. We represent the full range of disciplines including Road, Track, Cyclo-cross, Mountain Biking, BMX and Para-cycling.
Our main responsibilities include:
- Licensing of Riders, Coaches, Officials and Race Organizers
- Coordination and Development of Race Calendar
- Training of Race Officials
- Certification and Training of Cycling Coaches
- Development of New and Existing Cycling Clubs
- Sanctioning & Insuring of Cycling Races and Events
- Maximizing Participation in Competitive Cycling
- Development of Instructors for Courses and Clinics
- Development of High Performance Athletes
- Delivering youth cycling programs to schools & communities
Cycling BC is a not-for-profit association registered under the BC Societies Act and affiliated with the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) through our membership in Cycling Canada.
Our Board of Directors, elected by our members at the Annual General Meeting, provides policy direction to our senior staff. Other important volunteers who facilitate the workings of Cycling BC include race organizers, coaches, commissaires, instructors and committee members.
Mission, Vision and Values
Empowering British Columbians to be active and to achieve success through cycling.
To provide ongoing opportunities and support for cycling enthusiasts, athletes, coaches, and commissaires through development, competition at all levels, and to collaborate with stakeholders on the growth of our sport.
* Respect * Community * Excellence * Mastery * Safety * Fun *