Cycling BC is the provincial governing body for the sport of cycling in British Columbia. We represent the full range of disciplines including Road, Track, Cyclo-cross, Mountain Biking, BMX and Para-cycling.
Our main responsibilities include:
- Licensing of Riders, Coaches, Officials and Race Organizers
- Coordination and Development of Race Calendar
- Training of Race Officials
- Certification and Training of Cycling Coaches
- Development of New and Existing Cycling Clubs
- Sanctioning & Insuring of Cycling Races and Events
- Maximizing Participation in Competitive Cycling
- Development of Instructors for Courses and Clinics
- Development of High Performance Athletes
Cycling BC is a not-for-profit association registered under the BC Societies Act and affiliated with the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) through our membership in Cycling Canada.
Our Board of Directors, elected by our members at the Annual General Meeting, provides policy direction to our senior staff. Other important volunteers who facilitate the workings of Cycling BC include race organizers, coaches, commissaires, instructors and committee members.
Mission, Vision and Values
To be recognized in Canada as a leader in implementing innovative programs and seeking unique opportunities to build and promote the sport of cycling at all levels.
To grow the sport of cycling in BC and support our members.
Fairness, Safety, Inclusiveness, and Growth Through Opportunities.
View our 2015 business plan here.