Note: In order to ensure a timely response, general questions, questions about licenses should be sent to: membership(at)cyclingbc.net
Senior Director of Sport Development
- Strategic goal setting to progress the sport of cycling in BC
- Program design and management to cultivate riders, coaches and officials
- Stakeholder relations to stimulate participation and quality of programs and events
- Athlete coaching, education and mentorship
A former athlete and coach for multiple Olympic Games, Richard has been with Cycling BC for the past 10 years and is excited by this new role. Working in tandem with Jim, Richard will be able to focus his energy on the sport of cycling to create unprecedented growth in all aspects of the sport.
Richard is a native of Wales and a long time contributor to cycling in British Columbia, having first made an impact locally at the Commonwealth Games in Victoria. Richard comes to us following over 30 years in the sport and successful leadership roles with British Cycling, a professional team and the UCI.
Finance & Administration Manager
- Financial management and reporting to ensure due process and compliance
- Grant applications, funding and reporting
- Event insurance and sanctioning for race and event organizers
- Board of Directors and Committee development and governance
Erin brings a passion for cycling and over 20 years of experience in finance and administration work.
Mom of two (almost) grown kids, Erin has been an avid cyclist since they were young: she started pulling a burley trailer, graduated to a tandem trail-a-bike and eventually insisted on them riding on their own. Now one of them regularly commutes on her bike and the other is rides at the national level. When she isn’t in the office, Erin is often cooking for friends after a leisurely road ride or a hike in Lynn Canyon.
High Performance Manager
- Developing yearly training camp and project schedules for all disciplines, and planning all logistical details related to the execution of each discipline’s yearly plan
- Providing quality coaching and technical support to athletes on Provincial projects to help them achieve success at the National and International level
- Creating a sustainable High Performance program through the creation and implementation of policies and procedures
- Providing quality coaching and training opportunities to athletes
- Maintaining a National medal hit and National Champ rate at or above 25%
- Creating a High Performance Athlete Handbook to be launched in 2016
Membership and Communication
- Planning, development and implementation of communications strategies and membership services
- Engagement with members and stakeholders to understand needs and develop meaningful partnerships
- Research and development of resources to deliver key services and grow membership
With extensive experience working with community-based organizations, Vanessa brings a passion for collaborative community building to Cycling BC.
Since moving to Vancouver, Vanessa has channeled her lifelong pursuit of sport to exploring the mountains, through climbing, hiking, mountaineering, and skiing. Even on the wettest day of the year, you can find her riding her bike around the city of Vancouver.
- iRide Program Management & Event Coordination
- iRide Coach Development
- iRide 2020 Vision: Oversight & Implementation
Create BC youth club development strategies
As the Program Coordinator for iRide–Cycling BC’s youth initiative–Ben enjoys the challenge of creating and implementing new strategies that provide safe, fun and exciting events for introductory youth cyclists in British Columbia.
Ben’s cycling passion took hold as a university student, when he came to the sport after an elite amateur alpine skiing career. During his four years at Whitman College, he helped rebuild their cycling team, to reclaim the National Collegiate championship in 2009 and 2010. Moving into the North American professional peloton in 2011, Ben raced at the largest events in North America and claimed the Canadian Criterium Championship title in 2012. Ben has worked with youth cyclists in various capacities since 2008, and continues to race provincially in support of youth development.
- Developing coaches
- Developing provincial race team, tracking number of results and championships
- Supporting the Development team
- Tracking daily training programs of U14 and U17 group
- Fostering good athletes and good racers as a measure of success
- Tracking and measuring athletes in standard skill tests