Note: In order to ensure a timely response, general questions, questions about licenses should be sent to: membership(at)cyclingbc.net
- Organisational leadership and business planning to ensure sustainability
- Resource management to anticipate and meet requirements
- Stakeholder relations to understand and map out members needs
- Strategic long term planning
Erin brings a passion for cycling and over 20 years of experience in finance and administration work.
Mom of two (almost) grown kids, Erin has been an avid cyclist since they were young: she started pulling a burley trailer, graduated to a tandem trail-a-bike and eventually insisted on them riding on their own. Now one of them regularly commutes on her bike and the other is rides at the national level. When she isn’t in the office, Erin is often cooking for friends after a leisurely road ride or a hike in Lynn Canyon.
High Performance Manager
- Developing yearly training camp and project schedules for all disciplines, and planning all logistical details related to the execution of each discipline’s yearly plan
- Providing quality coaching and technical support to athletes on Provincial projects to help them achieve success at the National and International level
- Creating a sustainable High Performance program through the creation and implementation of policies and procedures
- Providing quality coaching and training opportunities to athletes
- Maintaining a National medal hit and National Champ rate at or above 25%
- Creating a High Performance Athlete Handbook to be launched in 2016
iRide Manager & NCCP Liaison
- iRide Program Management & Event Coordination
- iRide Coach Development
- iRide 2020 Vision: Oversight & Implementation
Create BC youth club development strategies
- NCCP Coach Development & Event Coordination
As the Program Manager for iRide–Cycling BC’s youth initiative–Ben enjoys the challenge of creating and implementing new strategies that provide safe, fun and exciting events for introductory youth cyclists in British Columbia.
Ben’s cycling passion took hold as a university student, when he came to the sport after an elite amateur alpine skiing career. During his four years at Whitman College, he helped rebuild their cycling team, to reclaim the National Collegiate championship in 2009 and 2010. Moving into the North American professional peloton in 2011, Ben raced at the largest events in North America and claimed the Canadian Criterium Championship title in 2012. Ben has worked with youth cyclists in various capacities since 2008, and continues to race provincially in support of youth development.
- Website, E-newsletter, social media
- Member communications
- Key partner relationships
Member & Event Services Manager
- Member Services
- Event Registration & Sanctioning
- Provincial Race Calendar Coordination
- Processing and issuing membership registrations & licences
- Member support and customer service