As this event is also a Canada Cup race (and a BC Premier Series race), please ensure you are aware of the membership/licence requirements.
Cycling BC would like to clarify important membership/licence requirements regarding all internationally sanctioned events presented in the province of British Columbia. At each of the following events, participants in specific categories will be required to present a valid UCI international licence at registration in order to be allowed to compete in their designated category. Failure to do so will result in entry being denied.
Please note, the licence requirements also apply even if the race is part of a provincial race series such as the BC Premier Series. Points will only be allocated to the racers competing in their respective category as it appears on the license.
|June 23||Whistler Canada Cup||Licence requirement|
|Elite Men / Women||UCI only|
|Junior Expert Men / Women||UCI only|
|U17 Expert Men / Women||UCI only|
|All other categories||UCI | BC Race | BC Ride2 | One-day event|
Note 2: BC Ride license holders can only enter the Citizen or Novice classes. Check to make sure those are offered at these events.
2018 Whistler Canada Cup & BC Championships XCO
|Thursday, June 21, 2018|
|All day||Course marking in progress|
|Friday, June 22, 2018|
|10:00am – 1:00pm
4:00pm – 6:00pm
|Plate Pick-Up & Onsite Registration||TBD|
|1:00pm – Dark||Open XC training no marshals||Public may be on course|
|Saturday, June 23, 2018|
|8:00am – 11:00am*||Plate Pick-Up – No Registration||Blackcomb Excalibur Base II|
|9:00am – 10:00am||Training all categories||Closed Course|
|10:30am – 11:30am||U13, U15, U17 Sport and U19 Sport||1 minute gap for each age/gender|
|11:45pm – 1:00pm||Masters, Seniors and U17 Expert||1 minute gap for each age/gender|
|1:15pm – 3:15pm||Junior Expert and Elite||1 minute gap for each age/gender|
|4:00pm||Awards||Blackcomb Excalibur Base II start/finish area|
* Rider’s must pick up their plate 30 minutes prior to the start of their category’s race.
Length: 3.9 km
Climbing: Approximately 239 m / lap
- Start loop – above Base II, up towards Tube Park, left heading towards the Stable, staying on the road passed the Water Ramps connecting to this loop
- Down Magic zone via existing trails (combination of open and in the trees)
- Up Merlin’s ski run connecting to the Upper Tree island, climbing until you come to Home Run
- Left on Home Run to the Orange gate
- Left onto Instant Gratification
- Upon your exit of IG, you climb the access road until to get to Roam
- Down Roam in the Loam
- Connect to Home Run, left on the ATV access road bringing you to top of Magic Chair
- Base past base 2 which completed the loop.