This course will train coaches who would like to work with competitive and high-performance athletes in the Learn to Compete and the Train to Complete long-term athlete development phase.
Applications close in mid-January. Participants will be accepted based on their qualifications. You will be notified by late January if you have been accepted, at which time payment will be required.
Performance Cycling Workshop
During this multi-day workshop will cover Analyzing Performance, Performance Planning and Manage a Program (part 1). Participants who attend and complete the workshop will be classified as Competitive Development “Trained”.
The NCCP Competitive Development coaching stream is structured as follows: Learn More
- Performance Cycling Workshop:
- Analyzing Performance (7.5 h)
- Performance Planning (7.5 h)
- Manage a Program Part 1 (3 h)
- Multi-Sport Modules:
- Coaching & Leading Effectively (11.5 h)
- Developing Athletic Abilities (7.25 h)
- Prevention and Recovery (7.5 h)
- Leading Drug Free Sport (3.5 h + Online Test)
- Psychology of Performance (5 h)
- Managing Conflict (5 h)
- Certification Requirements
- Making Ethical Decisions Online Evaluation
- Plan a Project – online module (3 h)
- Manage a Program Part 2 (3 h)
- Evaluation #1: Training Camp Project
- Evaluation #2: Competition Project
|Learning Facilitator:||Dan Proulx|