iRide Super Camp p/b Simon Fraser University Camps – (Coed) (12 spots)
Ready for the most epic of summer camps? Do you want to learn new bike skills and meet the fastest racers in North America? This half-day biking camp offers a fun, safe, introduction to multi-discipline biking and introduces young riders to BC Superweek, the premier week-long event of professional bike racing in Canada. Over the 5-day camp, participants will tackle intermediate and advanced cycling skills in 3 different types of cycling, including Mountain Biking, Velodrome, BMX. In the late afternoon, the camp will travel to visit the BC Superweek races and participate in available kids races and youth competitions.
Be sure to sign up for a non-exercise-based AM camp!
All sessions are covered by Cycling BC’s insurance policy with Jones Brown.
All rental bike gear is provided. Bicycle storage is provided by Cycling BC.
Open to ages 10-14, Skill Level 4-5, coed
|Dates:||July 8 – 12th, 2019|
|Time:||12:30pm – 6:00pm (Register for a non-athletic AM-only SFU Camp 9am-12pm)|
|Drop-off:||SFU Lorne Davies Complex @ 8888 University Drive, Burnaby V5A 1S6|
|Pickup:||Variable Locations – please see below!|
|# of Leaders:||2|
|# of Participants:||12|
|Ratio Leaders / Riders:||1:6|
|Participants Ability:||Level 4-5|
|Head Coach:||Ben Chaddock|
|Registration:||STEP 1 –REGISTER & PAY|
|STEP 2 – Complete Cycling BC forms here – select program from “Camps” dropdown menu|
What Do Riders Need to Bring?
- Water, Snack,
- Gloves, All-weather clothing
- Bike helmet or use an iRide helmet!
- Bring Your Own Bicycle or use an iRide bike!!! just let us know during registration
Weekly Activities and Pick-up Location / Time
- Monday: Simon Fraser University @ 6.00pm
- Tuesday: New Westminster Grand Prix @ 6.00pm
- Wednesday: Gastown Grand Prix @ 6.00pm
- Thursday: Burnaby Grand Prix @ 6.00pm
- Friday: Port Coquitlam Grand Prix @ 6.00pm
- Monday: 8888 University Drive, Burnaby V5A 1S6
- Tuesday: 555 Columbia St, New Westminster, BC V3L 1B2 (MAP)
- Wednesday: 101 Abbott St, Vancouver, BC V6B 1A7 (MAP)
- Thursday: 4111 Pender St, Burnaby, BC V5C 2M1 (side parking lot) (MAP)
- Friday: 2342 Elgin Ave, Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 2B5 (rear parking lot) (MAP)
Event Supporters and Partners:
- SFU Camps
- BC Superweek
- New West Grand Prix
- Gastown Grand Prix
- Giro de Burnaby
- PoCo Grand Prix
- First Charter Bus Lines
- Burnaby Velodrome Club
- Ridge Meadows BMX Club