This course will train coaches who would like to work with their local cycling club and riders in the LTAD Learn to Train phase.
Skills & Tactics (MTB)
This 8-hour hands-on workshop is focused on analyzing athletes’ performances and teaching racing skills and tactics. It is an advanced class where you will learn discipline-specific skills (road, mountain bike, track, or BMX) needed for racing.
Coaches must complete the Skills & Tactics in two separate disciplines in order to be considered “Trained”.
The Ready to Race! coaching stream is structured as follows: Learn More
- Training Basics (2-day course)
- Basic Cycling Skills (1-day course)
- Training to Race (2-day course)
- Skills & Tactics (1-day course – complete 2 of 4 available disciplines (Road, Track, MTB, BMX)
- Ethical Decisions (Online Questionnaire)
- Portfolio (Submit Online)
- On-Site Evaluation (1-day event)
|Learning Facilitator:||Ben Chaddock|
|Payment:||Via CCN Registration|
|Travel Grants:||Financial assistance is available for coaches traveling from outside the Lower Mainland. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.|
|Refunds:||Cancel or modify any registration up until 1 day prior to the course. To receive a refund, 72-hour notice must be provided. Non-
|Classroom Portion @ 130 West Broadway||9am - 12.30pm|
|Outdoor Portion (Pacific Spirit Park or SFU)||We will ride our bikes over||1pm -4pm|