This course will train coaches who would like to work with their local cycling club and riders in the LTAD Learn to Train and Train to Train phase.
Skills & Tactics (Track)
This 8-hour hands-on workshop is focused on analyzing athletes’ performances and teaching racing skills and tactics. It is an advanced class where you will learn discipline-specific skills (road, mountain bike, track, or BMX) needed for racing.
Coaches must complete the Skills & Tactics in two separate disciplines in order to be considered “Trained”.
*Rental bicycles are provided free of charge. However, there is no guarantee that we will actually be on the track.
- April 25th: 3pm – 8pm
- April 29th: 4.30pm – 7.30pm
The Ready to Race! Competition-Introduction coaching stream is structured as follows: Learn More
- Training Basics (2-day course)
- Basic Cycling Skills (1-day course)
- Training to Race (2-day course)
- Skills & Tactics (1-day course – complete 2 of 4 available disciplines (Road, Track, MTB, BMX)
- Ethical Decisions (Online Questionnaire)
- Portfolio (Submit Online)
- Online Examination (specific to Skills & Tactics courses)
|Learning Facilitator:||Kurt Innes|
|Payment:||Via CCN Registration|
|Special Requests:||If you would like to organize a special NCCP event in your community, Cycling BC will travel to your area at our earliest availability. A minimum of 10 participants is required for these special events.|
|Refunds:||If you need unable to attend your course, please notify us immediately. To receive a refund, 72-hour notice must be provided. Non-refundable fees apply. To receive a transfer of registration to a future offering, 24-hour notice must be provided. Transfers of registration will only be honored within a given calendar year.|