Developing Athletic Abilities
This 8-hour module is facilitated online by viaSport over two evening classes. This module of part of the Comp-Dev coach development streams and is designed for anyone who is working with the provincial cycling team or a similar performance program.
After completing this module, coaches will be able to:
- Be able to implement general and sport-specific training protocols and methods to effectively develop or maintain the athletic abilities necessary for their sport
- Know how to apply training principles and variables to training methods that build fitness, endurance, strength, speed, and sport-specific conditioning
- Be able to select and adapt testing and training protocols.
Please note: This is a live, facilitator-led, interactive, group-based course offered online through Adobe Connect. To participate in an Online Delivery course, you must have a working microphone and speakers as well as reliable access to the internet (Dial-up or High Speed).
Learn more about this module here, including home-study options here. Learn more about becoming an NCCP-Certified cycling coach here.
- November 17th @ 5:30pm – 9:30pm
- November 19th @ 5:30pm – 9:30pm