Ride Leader Training (Private Booking)
This combination theory/practical workshop is designed to help you lead weekly rides at your adult club. The module includes a 2-2.5 hour education call via Telus Business Connect (ZOOM) and concludes with a 3-hour outdoor skills session and practice ride. Please ensure that your computer’s video and microphone are working well. Cycling BC would like to recognize content contributions and support from both Glotman Simpson cycling club and WOW Ride women’s cycling club in creating this unique module.
- Club Culture & Why Statements
- Ride Leader Responsibilities (Route Plan, Pre-Ride Briefing)
- Emergencies (Stoplight Method + What IFs)
- Safety and Hazards (Road & Trail)
- Communication (Signals, Etiquette, Formations)
- Outdoor Practice Ride (Everyone gets achance to lead)
- April 20 @ 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm (Education Call via Telus Business Connect)
- April 23 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm (Outdoor Ride @ Kelowna, BC)
- Register and receive the Ride Leader JOURNAL and TEXTBOOK. Complete Questions 1-10.
- Upload our route map to your bike computer: Route Maps
- Email your completed Ride Leader Journal no later than 7 days after participating in the outdoor module to achieve certification and a completion certificate.
- Please consider using fenders/mudguards if the weather is inclement.