Rock the Ridge Volume 2
Gravel Race in Maple Ridge / Pitt Meadows, 216th and 132nd Ave.
Registration: Online registration only. Registration will open February 1 and closes April 24 at 6:00 pm.
Register at: www.bikereg.com
Course Maps and additional details: www.localride.ca
Race Organizer and Contact: Barry Lyster / firstname.lastname@example.org / 604-312-3318
· UCI, Cycling BC Provincial License, USA Cycling license required. One-day licenses available, $10 for adults, $5 for youth under 19.
· Boys and Girls Youth Race 50 is for those riders U17 and younger (must be 17 or younger as of December 31, 2019)
· Sign-in closes 30 minutes prior to start time.
· This race is suitable for a road, gravel bike or cyclocross bike. Wide tires with some traction is beneficial.
· For the Open Race 80, all bikes must be road style drop bar bikes and conform to UCI road/gravel/cyclocross bike rules. No mountain bikes or flat bars. No E-bikes allowed in any category.
· This will be a mass start event with 2 start waves. Start order for the Open Race 80 will be according to licensed ability categories (Elite, Cat 1, Cat2, Cat 3, Cat 4, Cat 5)
· Time cuts will be in effect for the Open Race 80. Riders must complete the course in under 4 hours. If your pro rated time heading into your last lap puts you above 4-hours, you will not be eligible to complete the race.
· There is no neutral mechanical support for this race. It is the responsibility of all riders to be self sufficient with spare tubes, tools, pump etc.
· The course will be marked along with Traffic Marshals in place. The roads and dykes are open to the public, so please ride responsibly, be courteous to those you encounter, do not litter and watch for dogs, and dog poop!
· While on the paved roads, centre line rule is in effect. It is recommended to ride close to the right side of the road at all times.
· It is recommended that everyone downloads the course map and carry a copy during the event. Although the course is marked, you are ultimately responsible for staying on course and not getting lost.
· Top 5 results will be posted immediately following the race. There will be a 15 – minute time limit to protest these results. Podiums will proceed immediately after this time. Only top 3 riders will be on the podium and must attend the ceremony in full podium attire. Failure to do so will result in forfeit of prizing. Cash and prizing will be given out at the podium ceremonies.