|Master Women 30+||
|Silver Star Bike Park|
|Master 30-39 Men||
|Master 40-49 Men||
|Master 50+ Men||
Don Van Eesteren
Sun Peaks Resort is stoked to be hosting the 2017 BC Downhill Championships and BC Cup this summer in their legendary Bike Park! The organizers are excited to offer a top-to bottom 100% single track, technically challenging race course starting at the Sunburst Lodge patio featuring sections of Insanity One and Honey Drop. This race will have citizen classes, so everyone can get in on the action and ride the same course as the pros.
Wednesday, July 5
- Course closed for taping and marking from 4:00pm
Thursday, July 6
- Course closed for taping and marking all day
- Online registration closes at 6:00pm
Friday, July 7
Registration office open 4:00pm to 7:00pm for both new registration and package pickup
- Course closed for course inspection by officials and final adjustments 10:00am to 12:00pm
- DH Course open to riders (all categories) for unsupervised on-bike inspection. 12:00pm to 5:00pm (note no marshals on course, bike park rules about safety apply. NO HIGH SPEED RUNS! – public may be on course)
- Rider’s Meeting (location will be posted at registration building). 6:00pm to 6:30pm
Saturday, July 8
Registration office open 9:00am to 1:30pm
- DH Course open for training (all categories) 10:00am to noon (lift starts loading at 10:00am)
- DH Course Elite and Junior Expert only training noon to 1:00pm
- DH Course open for training (all categories) 1:00pm to 3:30pm
- Course closed for maintenance (no riders on course) 3:30pm to 3:45pm
- DH Seeding Runs (Elites and Junior Expert) 3:45pm to 5:00pm
Sunday, July 9
- DH Course open for training (all categories) 10:00am to 11:30am (lift starts loading at 10:00am)
- Course Elite and Junior Expert only training 11:30am to 12:00pm
- Course closed for maintenance (no riders on course) 12:00pm to 12:15pm
- DH Racing (all categories, National Championship categories last) 12:15pm to 4:30pm (approximate)
- Awards all categories asap after finish of race
PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONSHIPS AND BC CUP:
All BC Cup Categories will be contending for the Provincial Championships as well as BC Cup points. See the DH BC Cup page for series details.
Those vying for Champion title or series points must hold a Cycling BC UCI/CCA Mountain Bike race licence. (provincial/citizen licence holders, one-event licence holders are not eligible).
Online registration deadline:
6:00pm, Thursday, July 6. To register online now, click here.
- No day of race (Sunday) registration (package pickup only)
- $10 per event onsite surcharge – no exceptions
Payment must accompany the registration to have entry processed.
No refunds once a rider has ridden on the course, even in the case of injury or a mechanical problem. $5 administration fee charged for early refunds.
Non-Licenced Riders Rule:
Riders that do not have either a 2017 UCI License or a BC Citizen License must purchase a one event membership.
Foreign Riders Rule:
UCI-International licensed riders can register in any event in the category listed on their license. US Residents are now able to purchase one-events but must sign a declaration that adequate out of country travel insurance has been obtained.
Sun Peaks is providing discounted lift fees (40% off) to all registered racers for Friday, Saturday and Sunday for $24/day, plus GST. Note that the pass is for all-mountain, giving access to the entire Bike Park for the duration of the pass.
Open 13-16 Men / Women: $60
Open 17-29 Men / Women: $60
Open 30+ Men / Women: $60
UCI Master Men / Women: $60
UCI Elite Men / Women: $70
UCI Junior Expert Men (17-18): $60
UCI Junior Sport Men (17-18): $50
UCI Senior Men / Women: $60
UCI U15 Men / Women: $50
UCI U17 Expert Men (15-16): $50
UCI U17 Sport Men (15-16): $50
UCI Women (15-18): $50