Part of the Lower Mainland CX Series
Go to http://westcoastcycling.ca/vanier/ for the latest information about the race including event registration, race schedule, categories, licensing & insurance.
- Take advantage of our “Fast Lane” express check-in on site at race day (for racers who already have 2018 VCXC bib number and timing chip)
- Online registration closes on Friday, September 28th at 7:00pm.
- One-day event insurance for non-license holders, available at day-of registration or via online registration
- Kids’ Cross entries FREE, no pre-registrion required.
- Race Day registration starts at 8:15am and closes 15 minutes prior to each start, NO EXCEPTIONS!
- 8:15am – Registration open for bib and timing chip pickup, day-of event insurance, waivers
- 9:00am – Course open for preride
- 9:30am – Race #1:
- 30min (Notice Men)
- 20min (U15M, U13M)
- 10:15am – Race #2:
- 45min (Intermediate Men (19-39), U19M, U17M)
- 11:15am – Race #3:
- 45min (Intermediate Women (19-39), Masters 40+ Women, U19W, U17W)
- 30min (Novice Women, U15W)
- 11:30am – Free BBQ for all registered racers – yum!
- 12:10pm – Kids Race #1/#2/#3: Mini Course (U8, U6, U4)
- 12:15pm – Course open for preride
- 12:45pm – Kids Race #4: Full Course Lap (U12)
- 1:00pm – Race #4:
- 45min (Masters 40+ Men B, Single Speed Men, Single Speed Women)
- 2:00pm – Race #5:
- 60min (Elite Men)
- 45min (Elite Women, Masters 40+ Men A)
- 3:30pm – Teardown
- Podiums will be help after each race
- For a complete list of race categories please visit VCXC.ca
- Racing age is determined as of age on 31 Dec 2018 in accordance with UCI rules.
- Bring your cloth bib numbers and timing chip from the other VCXC series events. Technology and services for timing and results powered by Escape Velocity.
LICENSING & INSURANCE
- Novice: Riders are required to hold a current Cycling BC RIDE license (One-day license is available – see below)
- Juniors/Intermediate/Masters: Riders are required to hold a current Cycling BC RACE or UCI license (One-day license is available – see below)
- Elite: Riders are required to hold a current Cycling BC RACE or UCI license (One-day event licensing is NOT available)
- International: International riders may race on a current UCI license. (One-day licensing may be available depending on category, please contact Cycling BC and race organizer)
- One-day and BC RIDE licenses will not be eligible for BC Premier Series points or privincial call ups
- One-day and BC RIDE licenses will not be eligible to win the provincial championship
- One-day license from Cycling BC is available for $10 adult ($5 for U17 and younger)
- Please note: Medical coverage is not available at the event for non-BC racers, and should be acquired in advance from a suitable provider.