Use code (37871) – Opens Wednesday May 23rd @ 8:00 am
The Squamish Youth Mountain Bike Program is a recognized program in good standing and is currently working with Cycling BC to grow the sport.
Squamish Youth Mtn. Bike Camp #2 p/b City of Squamish & Brennan Park
The Squamish Youth Mountain Bike Program is a community supported and driven initiative that aims to inspire the Squamish youth to ride! Through quality coaching and instruction, with a focus on safety and fun, riders will develop their skills, confidence, and love of the sport. With the support of the recreation instructors and other high-level coaches and riders in our community, the program will foster long-term participation through ridership, leadership, volunteerism, and education.
Riders will work closely with program instructors and guest coaches from the community to develop their mountain bike skills in a fun, supportive and safe environment. Riders will be grouped according to ability and will progress to exploring trails specific to their level of riding.
Please note, this is not a ‘learn to bike’ program; basic cycling skills are required as this camp takes riding ‘off-road’. Riders must be comfortable riding a two-wheeled bike, using the front and back hand brakes and using gears.
Each camp will incorporate education, skill development, knowledge in the areas of basic bike maintenance and mechanics, trail building, trail etiquette, conservation, and stewardship. Riders will also be introduced to the BMX track! Please be sure to CAREFULLY read the rider/parent handbook BEFORE coming to the first day of camp. This will be emailed to you a week beforehand.
Open to ages 10-13, iRide Level 4-5, co-ed
|Dates:||July 9 – July 13, 2018|
|Time:||9:00am – 3:00pm|
|Start/Finish Location:||Brennan Park – 1009 Centennial Way, Squamish, BC V8B 0E2|
|Cost:||$275 / 5 Days|
|Participants Ability:||Level 4-5|
For questions about the event, please call the Mandy Foster (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the District of Squamish Recreation Department.
Other Important Details:
- NO AGE EXCEPTIONS.
- Please note this is not a ‘learn to bike’ program; basic cycling skills are required as this camp takes riding ‘off-road’. Riders must be comfortable riding a two-wheeled bike, using front and back hand brakes and using gears.
- Drop off and Pick up locations may vary. Day 1 of camp will ALWAYS be at Brennan Park Recreation Centre. Please arrive on Day 1 at 8:45 am, ready to ride at 9 am.
- First Day attendance is mandatory.
- Rain or Shine, we ride bikes all the time! Please dress appropriately.
- Please be sure to CAREFULLY read the rider/parent handbook BEFORE coming to the first day of camp. This will be emailed to you a week beforehand. Please ensure we have your up to date email address.
What Do Riders Need to Bring?
- Water, Snack, Lunch
- Fully functioning mountain bike CSA approved helmet (no full faces)
- Athletic Footwear (no sandals, flip flops, slip-ons etc.)
- Backpack – sunscreen, light weight rain jacket and extra layer, hydration system recommended.