General Membership is a non-racing membership. It is for those interested in riding in an affiliated club’s activities. If you are a member of more than one club, however, you will require a Provincial Race License.
Provincial Race Licence
The Provincial Race Licence is for those who want to race in a beginner category. With this license, you can enter Provincial and Regional level races in the novice category.
UCI Race Licence
starting from $40
A UCI licence allows you to race in UCI categories for the disciplines in which you race. A UCI licence is required to race in Canada outside of BC, and internationally. Only results obtained while racing with a UCI licence are eligible for UCI category upgrades.
Your membership info
You can view your membership information, including your membership number, and a PDF of your card, at any time:
- Log in to ccnbikes.com
- Your name will appear on the top-level menu: click on this, and navigate to “My Memberships”
- Click on the membership you wish to view
- All members must reside in British Columbia for 6+ months of the calendar year in order to be eligible for a licence.
- All members must be covered under a federal or provincial hospital or medical plan.
- A passport-style photo of the licence holder (for UCI licences only). If you have registered for your licence, but have yet to upload your photo, click here to do so. Your licence will not be issued until a suitable photo has been uploaded.
- All members must sign a waiver. This is done through the online registration process. For riders under 19 years of age, a parent/guardian must sign the electronic waiver.
- All members must choose a primary discipline (BMX- Bicycle Moto Cross | CX- Cyclo-Cross | DH- Downhill | XC- Cross-Country | Road | Track)
- Important note for all UCI Athletes over 30 years old: All athletes aged 30 years or older must decide at the time of license application to compete in the either Elite or Master for the entire season. Changes between Master and Elite are only possible at the time of annual license renewal. Mid‐season changes between Elite and Master are not possible.
UCI Category Upgrades
Access our category upgrade policy and application form here.
UCI licence prices
New Member Discounts
If you are new to Cycling B.C. or haven’t been with us since 2011, your membership is 50% off.
To order a reprint of your card, click here.
Do you need to verify the membership or licence status of a racer or club rider? Click here for our new member lookup tool.
Note: UCI licence ability categories are NOT CONFIRMED unless the licence status is listed as ‘Issued’.
SUPPORT YOUR COMMUNITY WITH A CYCLING BC MEMBERSHIP
Your Cycling BC membership does a lot more than just provide insurance during club events and races. Proceeds from Cycling BC memberships support cycling specific physical literacy efforts in elementary schools across B.C. and the development of the sport as a whole. Your membership helps Cycling BC provide iRide Schools and Communities Programs across the province; community coach development and grassroots programming; and guidance and development for race officials.
Find out about international UCI, national Canada Cycling rules and provincial Cycling BC rules here.