- Only racers with a UCI or BC Provincial RACE license will be ranked.
- The XCM BC Cup consists of a series of races featuring some of BC’s top cross-country mountain bike events.
- Points are calculated from the results of each race and then riders are ranked in the series standings. Series points will be accumulative for all races with all available points contributing to the series standings.
- Points for each race will be awarded to the top 75 finishers as per previous years points table for top 75 places ranging from 200 points – 1 point.
- Racers must complete both BC Cup events to be eligible for the series title.
- In the case of a tie, the racer with the lowest cumulative time from each event will be the winner.
Each rider must ensure they have read and understood the Mountain Bike UCI rules listed here.
The following categories are being tracked for series points. Additional categories to individual races may be added by the race organizer, though these will not be tracked as part of the series.
- Junior Men*
- Junior Women*
- Senior 19+ Men (riders with Elite:novice/sport/expert)
- Senior 19+ Women (riders with Elite:novice/sport/expert)
- Elite Men(riders with Elite:Elite licenses) AKA Pro-Elite
- Elite Women (riders with Elite:Elite licenses) AKA Pro-Elite
- Masters 30-39 women
- Masters 30-39 men
- Masters 40+ women
- Masters 40-49 Men
- Masters 50+ Men
*Cross-Country Marathon races are demanding endurance events and courses may include remote areas. Race times average, but often exceed 3-4 hours. Youth aged 16 and under are encouraged to race the short course when available. In exceptional cases, with a permission letter from an NCCP certified coach, U17 youth will be permitted to race. Requests can be sent to email@example.com
Series winners will be recognized at the final race of the year as well as at Cycling BC’s annual year end party. The overall winner of each BC Series category will be published once confirmed.
Riders must wear cycling apparel (comprising of clean team shorts, jersey, cycling shoes or sponsored podium shoes) to the awards ceremony when receiving the Leader Jersey or series prizes. Failure to do so will result in loss of award.
All athletes who have placed on the podium must attend the ceremonies. Failure to do so will result in loss of award.