The final event for the 2016 Island Cup XC series is located at the Mt Work Hartland Mountain Bike Park in Victoria B.C. Sunday June 19th is race day. The course is designed with classic cross country style emphasizing technical single track and shorter laps for better spectating. The trails are filled with rocks, and roots.
Race Starts at 12 Noon Sharp.
Beginner – 1 Laps
Intermediate – 2 Laps
Expert – 3 laps
Detailed Course Description
- (Final course to be confirmed)
- The course will be very similar to the past 4 years with a few small tweaks. The race will start on the fire road near the bottom of Skull trail. Riders will ride the fire road to Pooh corner and up emergency one. The single track starts with a climb up Little face. Riders will then turn back and ride Crazy Horse and Rolly Ridge. Left out of Rolly Ridge on to Fire Drill. Right out of Fire Drill to descend Little Face. Right out of Little Face up the Emergency Two fire road to Ruffles. Across Ruffles to Crossover Trail. Down to Get Wet and across the stream. Left on the fire road to Two Trees, Kokanee Hwy. Left out of Kokanee Highway up Second Ave fire road to the top of Plunge Extention Finish the lap along the fire road back towards the bottom of Skull trail. Subsequent laps will go up Skull trail instead of up the fire road.
- Registration: closes Friday June 17th at 10:00pm. Pre-registration only! You cannot register on race day.
- Registration fee is $25 online. $30 in store. $5 from every registration goes to support the SIMBS trail fund. In-store registration is CASH ONLY
- Pre-register online at: http://www.raceonline.ca/events/details/?id=864
- You can also register in person at the Trek Bicycle Store 338 Catherine St during regular business hours.
- Riders must have a valid 2016 Cycling BC Race licence (UCI or Citizen). Purchase a 2016 licence here
- One day licences are available for $10.