Ride Leader Training
This combination theory/practical workshop is designed to help you lead weekly rides at your adult club. The module includes a 2-2.5 hour education call via Telus Business Connect (ZOOM) and concludes with a 3-hour outdoor skills session and practice ride. To achieve certification, submit your journal and EAP within seven days of our practice ride.
- Cycling BC Ride Leader Membership
- $0 surcharge for Prov Race or UCI Race license holders
- $11 surcharge for Cycling For All members
- Club Culture & Why Statements
- Ride Leader Responsibilities (Route Plan, Pre-Ride Briefing)
- Emergencies (Stoplight Method + What IFs)
- Safety and Hazards (Road & Trail)
- Communication (Signals, Etiquette, Formations)
- Outdoor Practice Ride (Everyone gets a chance to lead)
- April 25 @ 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm (Education Call via Telus Business Connect)
- April 29 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm (Outdoor Ride @ Kelowna, BC)
- Register and receive the Ride Leader JOURNAL and TEXTBOOK. Complete Questions 1-10.
- Upload our route map to your bike computer: Route Maps
- Email your completed Ride Leader Journal no later than 7 days after participating in the outdoor module to achieve certification and a completion certificate.
- Please consider using fenders/mudguards if the weather is inclement.