Cycling Canada would like to invite riders taking part in the 2018 Hayman Classic, May 25-27, in Penticton, British Columbia, to stay for an extra two days for a Talent ID Camp with National Coach Kevin Field.
Why is Cycling Canada doing this? “We really need to build a relationship with our riders at an earlier point in their careers, get to know them, and provide them with more support and advice on how to make it from Junior to Senior. This is the hardest time for all riders and where we lose most of our up-and-coming talent.” says Field who has led numerous road trade teams and has been influential in mentoring many of Canada’s top road athletes over the last decade.
“Our goal is to be of more help at this important stage of an athlete’s development by identifying riders heading towards a life of cycling and providing a pathway that includes the support of coaches, ex-national team riders, and professional teams.” adds Field.
This is an opportunity for athletes to stand out and be recognized for their talent as well as to learn more about what it takes to get to the national level. The Cycling Canada Road Talent ID Camp will run from Sunday, May 27, after the Hayman Classic event and will wrap up on the afternoon of Tuesday, May 29.
Where: Penticton, BC
When: Sunday, May 27 (after Hayman Classic) to Tuesday, May 29 (finish at 2:00pm)
Why: Put your name and face on the National Team’s radar
How much: $100
Who’s eligible: Athletes riding in the 2018 Hayman Classic
What will you learn:
- Fundamental skills (on bike, in seminars)
- Talk from National Coach on what the next 2 to 4 years look like for road cycling in Canada
- Talk from National Team riders on what it takes – Navigating your way to the top
- Riding skills (and some fitness testing?) Hill climbs – TT – Road ride
- Talk from Jesse Korf, Cycling Canada’s Pathway Development Manager
- Participants are responsible for arranging their own accommodations.
- Full details will be sent 2 weeks before the event.
- All coaches are welcome to be part of the camp – but must register as well.
Contacts: For more information and questions, please contact Kevin Field at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swipe to view more Images