Provincial Trade Team

Trade Teams are traditionally defined as a privately owned entity with a self-selected membership. On-site race support is often given to members including coaching, technical and managerial services. They typically organize races, training activities or social events either for their own members, members of other clubs, teams, or UCI/CCA license holders.

Provincial Trade Team Affiliation Benefits

  • Official Recognition—the right for provincial team riders to wear the team jersey
  • Team Acknowledgement—the right for the provincial trade team name to be on race licences and results
  • Team Exposure—the right for the provincial trade team information to appear on the Cycling BC website
  • Team Awards—the right accept Cycling BC team recognition awards
  • Rider’s Insurance Coverage—the ability to access Cycling BC’s Insurance Program and coverage for all trade team riders
  • Director’s & Officer’s Insurance Coverage— the ability to access Cycling BC’s Insurance for all team directors and officers

Insurance FAQs

  • What type of insurance coverage do my Club members have?

    As a CCA/UCI License holder, each member has $5 million 3rd party liability insurance, plus Sport Excess Medical Insurance. This includes “popular” benefits such as Ambulance transport, physiotherapy, fractures, prescription eye glasses incurred within 52 weeks of the date of accident.

  • When is the insurance valid?

    As a trade team member and race license holder, a member is covered during registered team training activities as listed on your team’s affiliation form and during CCA and Cycling BC sanctioned events. The insurance coverage is not 24 hour coverage.

  • What type of insurance is included with a Technical license?

    The insurance provided is the same as in Question 1, but while working in a technical capacity for the affiliated team. Some technical licenses require certification i.e. NCCP, Provincial C Commissaire and require a  code of conduct to be signed.

  • How do I report a medical claim?

    If an accident occurs while participating in a club activity, a club member has 30 days to report an injury. Please fill out page 7 of the Event Sanction Agreement, available on this page.

  • Are bicycles and riding equipment of a rider covered?

    Personal belongings of members is NOT covered however Cycling BC does offer optional Bike Insurance for the loss/damage of a bike.