A Supporting Business is typically a registered organization or business entity wishing to sponsor select riders but does not want to manage the responsibility of an open club. On site race support is not given and therefore a supporting business may choose to not assign a team manager or coach. Affiliation is only recognized in BC and club activities are not covered under Cycling BC’s CGL insurance unless they are sanctioned events.
Supporting Business Affiliation Benefits
- Official Recognition—the right for sponsored riders to wear the Supporting Business’s jersey
- Business Acknowledgement—the right for the sponsored riders Supporting Business’s name to appear on race results & standings
- Business Exposure—the right for the Supporting Business information to appear on the Cycling BC website
- Business Awards—the right accept Cycling BC Supporting Business recognition awards
- Event Sanctioning–the right to sanction cycling events with Cycling BC