The first event for the 2015 Island Cup series is located at the Mt Work Hartland mountain bike park in Victoria B.C. Sunday March 15th is race day. The course is designed with classic cross country style emphasizing technical single track and shorter laps for better spectating. The trails are filled with rocks, and roots, expect early wet spring conditions.
The course will be very similar to 2013/14 with a few small tweaks. The race will start on the fire road near the bottom of Skull trail. Riders will ride the fire road to Pooh corner and up emergency one. The single track starts with a climb up Little face. Riders will then turn back and ride Crazy Horse and Rolly Ridge. Left out of Rolly Ridge on to Fire Drill. Right out of Fire Drill to descend Little Face. Right out of Little Face up the Emergency Two fire road to Ruffles. Across Ruffles to Crossover Trail. Down to Get Wet and across the stream. Left on the fire road to Two Trees, Kokanee Hwy, and Upper Shock treatment. Finish the lap along the fire road back towards the bottom of Skull trail.
1. Online registration will close at 10:00pm on Friday, March 13th, 2015.
2. An online processing fee will be applied to all online registrations into this event.
3. $5 from every registration goes to support the SIMBS trail fund.
4. You can also register in person at the Trek Bicycle Store 338 Catherine St during regular business hours. Cost is $30.
5. All riders must have a valid 2015 Cyling BC Race License (UCI or Citizen). To purchase a license click HERE. $10 Day of Race Licenses will be available.
6. VISA, MC, AMEX, Discover Card, VISA Debit, INTERAC Online and RaceOnline Gift Cards accepted.
7. All funds payable in Canadian Dollars.
8. Your credit card will show a charge from CAN RaceOnline Registrations for your registration into this event.
No refunds or transfers will be accepted on your entry into the 2015 Hartland XC.
RaceOnline provides a registration service to events along with the tools needed to manage their event. RaceOnline does not provide refunds directly to registrants. All conversations regarding refunds/cancellations/transfers take place between the event organizers and the registrant.
*Event details are subject to change.