This course will train coaches who would like to work with children at your local cycling club or with Cycling BC’s iRide program.
Principles of Healthy Child Development LINK
This one-day training will help front-line leaders (anyone working with children aged 6 to 12 – i.e. camp counsellor, coaches, swim instructors) improve the quality of programs. It provides in-depth training in the HIGH FIVE Principles of healthy child development so front-line leaders understand what they need to do to ensure each child’s social, emotional and cognitive needs are met. Leaders learn activities and gain knowledge, tips and resources to enhance their programs as well as their relationships with children and other staff members. Topics also include bullying, conflict resolution, physical literacy, children’s mental health and moderate to vigorous physical activity.
At the completion of this training, learners will be able to:
- Design an activity plan to enhance a child’s physical and mental health
- Build healthy relationships in all areas of programming for children
- Create environments and spaces that foster healthy child development
Participants receive resources related to healthy child development including the Principles of Healthy Child Development Workbook and Physical Activity and Healthy Eating Toolkits.
Cycling BC iRide Staff Coach Requirements:
- NCCP Community Initiation Course
- High Five Principles of Health Child Development
- iRide School Apprenticeship under local Head Coach
- Criminal Record Check
|Learning Facilitator:||High Five Trainers: Robin Stewart & Rick Bloudell|
|Registration:||Open to the public|
|Discounts available for iRide Staff|