The 20th Anniversary of the Salty Dog 6 Hour Enduro is currently a Go!
We are planning for a back to normal event. So dust off your bike, find a helmet and shoes, lube the chain and let’s get riding!
U15 and Pup events will happen on the Sunday as we have traditionally planned in past years.
Of course fun door prizing will be given out, home made apple pies, wood-dallions, along with prizing to be given out for the best Rider Costumes.
General COVID Safety protocols will be in place with our more spacious Salty Tent City, Bathroom & Parking areas, the bigger Ski Club BBQ area, and we will expect riders to respect the social space of others. Wearing a mask may be recommended when in large groups, tag zones or at the on-course aid stations. If you are experiencing any Flu or Cold like symptoms the week before Salty Dog, we request that you stay home.
The COVID Details: The 2022 Salty Dog will be held in accordance with the Public Health Orders of the Province of BC and Interior Health in force at the time of the event. These orders may include the requirement to produce proof of vaccination. If BC COVID-19 Safety Protocols change, and a fully Vaxxed event is required, and this excludes a rider, Salty Dog will not be offering refunds. If this does not work for you, we do have people looking for Salty Spots, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to swap spots, this is only being offered until March 31. After March 31 Salty Dog will not be offering further race entry swaps.
We will plan to follow all BC COVID protocols in place on May 1. If the PHO recommendations in BC change drastically before May 1, please refer to the paragraph above. We will also revert to a Salty Dog U15 8ish km one lap individual loop, and a Salty Dog Main Event 35ish km one lap individual loop, the PUP will be a DIY volunteer run event. If and as needed our race loop maps will be updated and posted on our website. Fingers crossed the Salty 2022 will not have to go this way, as we are fully planning to race a back to normal Salty Dog this year!
Please forward questions, comments to email@example.com
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
Salty Dog Organizing Committee & Shuswap Cycling Club
1) Race kit includes number plate, Cycling BC waiver (must sign and turn in before the race), and Salty Race map.
2) Mandatory racer meeting at 9:30 on Sunday, May 15th in the timing area.
3) Salty Dog starts 10:00 am at Klahani Park, U15 Salty Dog starts at 10:30 at 10th Avenue and 70th Street in the gravel area, and Salty Lil Pup starts at 11 and Salty Pup at 11:30 by the BBQ.
4) UPC codes for timing. Salty Dog racers are responsible for their own timing, please make sure your number plate is scanned as you walk through the start/finish area.
5) Do not swap number plates, this creates timing issues. All racers are responsible for their own number plates, and no swapping of number plates. Swapping of number plates creates major data challenges for timing and may result in rider disqualification. Salty Dog event organizers can not guarantee official race results for any rider with the wrong race number plate.
6) All riders on course need a race number plate, you will be removed from the race course if you do not have a number plate.
7) Electric bikes are not permitted in any of the Salty Dog Enduro races.
8) Garbage cans, 1st aid stations, feed stations, and course marshals will be set up on course, see map for locations. Please don’t litter.
9) Please be polite to all race marshals & volunteers, they have a long day ahead of them.
10) This is not a points event! Please conduct yourself appropriately on the race course, people from the ages of 7-65 are racing today. Please let faster riders pass and walk sections of the trail that you are not comfortable with.
11) Personal Race Day Tents can be set up in the racer area after 6:00am on Race Day. Tents set up before that time will very likely be removed to set up for the race.
12) Help each other out! If you see an injured rider, or experience an issue on course during the race please communicate to the next marshaling station.
13) Thank you to all the volunteers who helped with trail maintenance day!!!
14) Fundraiser BBQ for the local Larch Hill Jr Nordic Race Team, will be set up at the event from 10:30 – 5:00.
15) See map for the location of 1st aid, BBQ, lunch/pit area, and bathroom location.
16) Parking only available in the gravel pit. Please do not park on the streets near the event, vehicles parked on the streets will be towed.
17) If riding on the streets, only ride single file out of respect for traffic laws, local neighbors and car traffic.
18) No dogs allowed at the race due to past issues. Please leave your favorite pooch at home.