Prevention and Recovery
This 8-hour module is facilitated online by viaSport over 2 evening classes. This module of part of the Comp-Dev coach development streams and is designed for anyone who is working with the provincial cycling team or a similar performance program.
After completing this module, coaches will be able to:
- Identify common injuries in their sport and develop appropriate prevention and recovery strategies to keep their athletes injury-free during training and competition.
- Offer valuable information and guidance on hydration, nutrition, and sleep as they relate to injury prevention.
- Choose skills and drills that help athletes perform appropriate warm-ups and cool-downs.
- Develop functional evaluations for an athlete’s return to play. Implement recovery and regeneration techniques to help an athlete maintain or return to optimal performance post-injury.
Please note: This is a live, facilitator-led, interactive, group-based course offered online through Adobe Connect. To participate in an Online Delivery course, you must have a working microphone and speakers as well as reliable access to the internet (Dial-up or High Speed).
Learn more about this module here, including home-study options here. Learn more about becoming an NCCP-Certified cycling coach here.
- November 3 @ 5:30pm – 9:30pm
- November 4 @ 5:30pm – 9:30pm