This course will train coaches who would like to work with their local cycling club and riders in the LTAD Learn to Train and Train to Train phase.
Training to Race
During this 14-hour in-class workshop, you will gain valuable tools to support your athletes as they prepare for cycling competitions including training techniques, season planning, mental preparation and more.
The Ready to Race! coaching stream is structured as follows: Learn More
Ready to Race! Introduction to Competition (R2R) is the context for coaches who will primarily work with new competitive cyclists at the community and club level. These athletes will likely be in the Learn to Train to Train to Train stages of LTAD, although the context could apply to any new racer of any age. These athletes have basic but developed cycling skills and the desire to begin competing within a structured training and competition program. They should have passed through an entry-level Community Initiation program (CCI) to help them develop the basic skills.
- Training Basics (2-day course)
- Basic Cycling Skills (1-day course)
- Training to Race (2-day course)
- Skills & Tactics (1-day course – complete 2 of 4 available disciplines (Road, Track, MTB, BMX)
- Ethical Decisions (Online Questionnaire)
- Portfolio (Submit Online)
- Online Examination (specific to Skills & Tactics courses)
|Learning Facilitator:||Paul Jurbala|
|Attendance Policy:||Coaches must be present at all sessions to receive credit. Please expect homework assignments in between sessions.|
|Note:||Please note that this course requires a minimum of 5 participants, and has a maximum of 20. Coaches will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.|
- Monday, November 26: 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- Wednesday, November 28: 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- Friday, November 30: 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- Monday, December 3: 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- Wednesday, December 5: 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- Friday, December 7: 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Prior to the first scheduled session, we will provide additional information and web access for the participants. If there are any questions, please direct them via email to Andy Wilson – firstname.lastname@example.org