Recent updates made to the BC Provincial Health Officer’s Order on Gatherings and Events released on November 16, 2021, have several implications around proof of vaccination for sport including,
- Any unpaid supervisor/coach/volunteer that is supervising or assisting with indoor youth sport must show proof of vaccination (two doses).
- This includes those who receive an honorarium and are not an employee.
- This includes parents assisting with their child’s participation.
- Proof of vaccination is not required for outdoor sport, except where regional restrictions apply.
- Swimming pools are exempt from the proof of vaccination requirement.
- Non-employed supervisors must show proof of vaccination.
- Parents assisting their child in the pool do not need to show proof of vaccination.
The viaSport Return to Sport Restart 2.0 chart and FAQs have been updated to reflect these changes. If you have any questions or concerns about these latest updates, please contact us anytime by email at [email protected]