An optional Performance Bike Insurance Program covering the physical loss or damage to bikes during sanctioned events and registered club rides is available to Cycling BC members starting in 2019.
Perils included, but not limited to
- “All Risks” of direct physical loss or damage to bikes scheduled, only while participating in sanctioned racing events (sanctioned by Cycling BC or an equivalent sport organization, including fondos) and authorized training (registered club rides).
- Theft at home is also covered, providing there were clear signs of forced entry. Coverage will not respond if theft occurred through an unlocked door or if, for example, the garage door was left open. A police report must accompany the claim.
- Policy Territory is Worldwide
- The insurer will pay up to the Stated Amount Limit of Insurance as reported by the insured, or the cost to repair or replace, whichever is least.
Exclusions included, but not limited to
- Accidental damage is not covered while in transit unless the bike is being transported by a recognized carrier, securely packaged in a hard shell container designed for bicycle transit;
- Damage caused by wear and tear
Premium & Deductible
|Limit of Coverage||(if purchased between Jan 1st & Sept 30th)||(if purchased between Oct 1st & Dec 31st)||Deductible|
|$0 – $4,999||$85||$50||$500|
|$5,000 to $9,999||$115||$65||$500|
|$10,000 to $15,000||$135||$75||$1,000|
Note: the premium paid is for 1 bicycle. If you wish to insure multiple bicycles in one household, an application must be completed for each bicycle.
Coverage expires at midnight on December 31st of the year it was purchased.
View a summary of the Cycling BC Performance Bike Insurance Program (PDF)
For all coverage related enquiries, please contact Jones Brown Inc. at 604-608-6323 for more information.
How to Apply
The bike insurance program is available to current and active Cycling BC members only.
Cycling BC members interested in purchasing the optional bike insurance are required to complete the online application form below. You will be required to provide your contact information, a valid Cycling BC membership number, and information about your bicycle, including but not limited to,
- Bicycle Make
- Bicycle Model
- Serial #
- Date Purchased
- Original or Appraised Cost
- Replacement cost today
- Actual cash value today
- Photographs of your bicycle and the serial number
Once your completed application form has been submitted, Cycling BC will e-mail you an invoice for the full amount of your premium.
Once the premium has been paid in full, Cycling BC will e-mail you a receipt and a confirmation of insurance letter.
Only until the steps above have been completed will the bike insurance policy be in effect. Policy expires at midnight on December 31st of the year it was purchased.