Cycling Canada will be delivering the Sport Director Course again this year. This year`s DS Course will be an expansion of previous years. They will talk more about the specific points below:
- Systematic team based racing
- Racing frameworks
- Developing a common language to discuss/analyze tactics
- Identifying and addressing technical and tactical team gaps
- Breaking racing down to measurable process goals (for team and individual riders so they see how they fit into team)
- Racing metrics and analysis (rider evaluation frameworks)
- Gaps in Canadian system & how all participants present can help develop better racers
These new topics will include insights from Silber Pro Cycling`s GM Scott McFarlane – who will be available to discuss how he`s applied some of these elements successfully into his team. Please see below the details for the Sport Director Course on Monday June 26th, 2017.
Sport Director Course
When: Monday June 26th, 2017, 12:45pm
Location: Carleton University, Leeds House Building, Room LE124
- Kevin Field Cycling Canada Strategic Road Consultant
- Anne Cobban Elite National Road Commissaire, National MTB, Track, CX Commissaire
- Scott McFarlane
- Team registration
- Sporting control and race registration
- Team manager / leadership
- Athlete performance
- Media and communication
- Sponsorship and marketing
This bilingual workshop is for the domestic UCI Trade Teams and Cycling Canada Trade Teams (Road) but also open to coaches and Team Managers at the provincial and club level.
All participants must complete the Online Caravan Driver Training before the DS course. The registration fee includes the caravan training for those who have not completed it.
Please confirm your presence. Participants will be admitted on a first come first serve basis. This training counts as 3 NCCP Professional Development points for certified coaches. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions, and to register.