As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, Cycling BC would like to draw your attention to the most recent BC Provincial Health Officer update to the Order on Gatherings and Events and its impact on our sport, clubs and activities, paying particular attention to anyone leading youth sport programs.
As of October 25, 2021,
Proof of vaccination is REQUIRED for,
- Any unpaid (adult and youth) supervisor/coach/volunteer for youth sport events and programs (indoor and outdoor)
- Adult indoor sport participants
- Adult and youth spectators at indoor sport events and programs
- Youth (ages 12-21) participating in indoor sport events and programs that are primarily intended for adults.
- Any paid supervisor/coach (adult and youth) for youth sport events and programs (indoor and outdoor)
- Anyone leading, supervising, assisting sports activities in an employment capacity
- Adult outdoor sport participants
- Adult and youth spectators at outdoor sport events and programs
- Youth (ages 12-21) participating in youth sports events
Event, club, and program organizers are responsible for checking proof of vaccination. For more information on how to verify proof of vaccination, please visit the BC government Proof of Vaccination website.Please note that there may be additional restrictions in effect in the Fraser East, Interior, and Northern Health regions, including limits on maximum group sizes for indoor and outdoor sport (eg. Northern Health has a limit of 100 people outdoors, 50 people indoors; Fraser East is limited to 10 people indoors). For more information, please visit the BC Government province-wide and regional restrictions website.
viaSport has also updated the Return to Sport Restart 2.0 chart and FAQs to reflect these recent changes on the viaSport website.
If you have any questions or concerns about these latest updates, please contact us anytime by email at [email protected]